OS X + source. Windows + source.
Changes for 1.0.4
- Wearing an uncursed but unknown item marks it as not cursed.
- Fix drop message when you drop one item from a stack. (Reported by tinyrodent).
- Remove debugging code which made one type of machine room far too frequent.
- Fix sparks so that they don't have a directional bias. (Reported by tinyrodent).
- Fix [spoiler] machines so that exits are not blocked.
- Fix crash caused by staff of reflection (Reported by autoquark).
To do list - some user interface clean up stuff:
- Sparks mess up recordings when emitted by [spoiler].
- Potion of duplication can duplicate itself. This is a UI bug/very slight exploit has a high(ish) risk fix.
- Talismans can be enchanted when [spoiler].
Unconfirmed, works fine for me and haven't been able to duplicate:
- Food isn't being created as frequently as possible, or regeneration is too slow.
Please drop a note in the comments if you see any other bugs or are experiencing either of the unconfirmed issues, as I'd love to get these fixed or confirmed as working fine.
Saturday, 29 September 2012
OS X + source. Windows + source.
Thursday, 27 September 2012
He’s Darren Grey, King of Roguelikes. He’s beaten more Roguelikes than actually exist. He’s the guy that ASCII dragons tell their children about so that they eat up all their villagers and grow up to become upper case. I’ve met Darren Grey, and he looks exactly like Mr. T except all the gold chains are actually amulets of Yendor.
Posted by Andrew Doull at 11:00 am
Tuesday, 25 September 2012
Sunday, 23 September 2012
UnBrogue 1.0.3 has been released. OS X + source, Windows + source. Let me know in the comments if you're able to compile a Linux version.
Changes for 1.0.3
- Add Talisman of Spiders.
- Fix healing so that Talisman of Shadows prevents your darkened state from being completely removed.
- Fix bug preventing talismans from being enchanted.
- Altered talisman relative frequencies to make the most useful talismans appear more often.
- Ensured every machine room has solution available on the same level.
- Added [spoiler] which can be manufactured with [spoiler].
- Add 3 machine rooms which use [spoiler].
- Lightning which hits a target standing in water causes the lightning bolt to ground: creating up to 6 sparks which randomly travel from the target to nearby conductive grids with the bolt damage divided between them. A conductive grid either contains water, metallic terrain such as iron manacles and chains or a monster (or the player) which is not flying or levitating, and sparks will travel through up to two non-conductive grids to get to a conductive grid.
Friday, 21 September 2012
UnBrogue 1.0.2 Mac OS X version including source code can be downloaded here.
This is a release candidate for the next stable release. I've not had a chance to test it extensively, but given that it fixes a crash bug in 1.0.1 and earlier versions, at a risk of introducing new bugs I'm releasing this now for early adopters. Once I've had a chance to test for a couple of days, I'll either be making this the next stable version or releasing a 1.0.3.
Changes for 1.0.2
- Made [spoiler] dormant in [spoiler].
- Monsters summoned by staffs of summoning do not now provide experience if the staff is identified. (Exploit identified by Autoquark).
- If you left a level after [spoiler] and returned, visible [spoiler] were not updating correctly.
- Fix typo in ring of wizardry. (Reported by Autoquark).
- Fixed build in wall features within machines which require line of sight to origin so they can't be generated on the 'near' or concave walls without FOV going through interior of machine.
- Weapons of slaying will always hit the monsters they are vorpal towards and [spoiler] have a 100% chance to [spoiler]. (Requested by tinyrodent).
- [spoiler] does not make [spoiler] discordant. (Inspired by Autoquark and a bug in an earlier build).
- Allow [spoiler] to be enchanted. (Reported by Autoquark).
- Wind disperses other gases a lot faster.
- Fixed potion of water interactions with [spoiler].
- Added 3 platformer machine rooms to get much needed indie credibility.
- Fixed potions of (null), potions of crash appearing. (First reported by Dr Science, detailed analysis by Patashu).
- Fixed some machine puzzles which require line of sight between components other than to the origin. (Confirming with Pender whether this is worth upstreaming to brogue. It's a lot of code for a 1 machine room).
- Prevented potions of water getting items out of cages. (Reported by tinyrodent).
- Fixed wind [spoiler] description. (Reported by Autoquark).
- [spoiler] generated on the floor instead of the [spoiler] when you need to [spoiler] an item. (Reported by tinyrodent).
- Change one reward in [spoiler] rooms to 2 scrolls of [spoiler] from 2 potions of [spoiler].
- Workaround for dormant [spoiler] in [spoiler] not correctly activating when [spoiler].
- Slight tweaks to item rarities to bring them completely in line with Brogue rarities: adjusted by reducing the frequency of gold drops by 8%. (Requested by no_signal, tinyrodent, ggoDeye).
- Rings of wizardry, alchemy, accuracy no longer provide any benefit at +0 (Reported by Autoquark).
Monday, 17 September 2012
Comment from the brogue forums on UnBrogue:
Okay I realised last night that maybe the key rooms weren't a bug and am glad to have that confirmed here.
What I'd like to know is whether I am doing anything wrong as I have found one of the open treasure rooms with the things removed from two of the alters and the key on one. The cages lift off when I step into the doorway and I have tried everything I can think of. I have no blinking so that's out. I tried all my scrolls and that didn't help. THen I tried throwing each of my items to knock the key off, to no avail. I can only see the key alter form the doorway so I can't replace any gear at the other alters. ANy help? If the puzzle is working properly and I just haven't figured it out don't give it away (maybe a little hint) but at the moment I'm stumped. THe seed is 1347859068 and it's depth two if you'd like to check it out.
EDIT: Don't worry, I just figured it out. Nice one.
I'm just going to start listing stuff here from this year so that I can come back and play it once I feel like I've got enough through my pile of shame (which should happen mid 2013):
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Guild Wars 2
Thirty Flights of Loving
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Love (free to play release)
Realm of the Mad God
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Legend of Grimrock
Crusader Kings II
Spec Ops: The Line
The Secret World
Just Cause 2 multiplayer
Natural Selection 2
Note that about a third of the list is massively multiplayer in some shape or form...
Posted by Andrew Doull at 7:42 pm
Saturday, 15 September 2012
UnBrogue 1.0 (OSX + source, and thanks to Joshua Day for the Linux source and Windows+source builds)
[Edit: If you're coming from reddit, I've added a page at Rogue Basin explaining the spoiler free changes.]
[Edit 2: The above now links to 1.0.1 which is a bug fix release fixing the bugs identified in the comments section]
Saturday, 8 September 2012
Are there any blind, sight-impaired or colour blind roguelike players who would be interested in appearing on an episode of Roguelike Radio? Either post in the comments or send me an email at the My Email Address link on the right hand side of the blog.
Posted by Andrew Doull at 10:15 am