Thursday 5 July 2007

Rebranding

Much as reading a scroll of Elemental Branding can result in a weapon with an Acid brand, my growing familiarity with the blogspot interface and spotty hosting at berlios.de has resulted in me moving the main page for Unangband from unangband.berlios.de to unangband.blogspot.com. The perceptive of you will notice that the old unangband.berlios.de link is very out of date, information wise, and the web design (borrowed from Andrew Sidwell, the new Angband maintainer) having no more complexity than can be offered by blogspot.com, along with less managability and functionality. I'll be putting in a redirect, as soon as I can find the cron job that every 6 hours overwrites the homepage with an old copy.

As far as I am concerned, I still haven't found a web page editting tool with as much power or flexibility as most of the web-based blog software options (I initially hosted a blog on editthispage.com which seems to have disappeared into the mists of time, but even that was better than anything I could find at the time).

I also took the time to redesign and rebrand this blog as Ascii Dreams. Hopefully that name isn't used elsewhere. This blog will continue in its current shape and form, but release announcements for Unangband will be moved to the Unangband blog, which is just a click away on the right hand side.

The theme I chose simply because its stretchy, and a little bit more colourful than the simple theme. I'd much rather have something with white on black and with the sidebar on the left hand side, but I've got better things to do than try and throw one together.

No comments: